Re: [OM] IMG: My First Panorama - The Flight Line

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: My First Panorama - The Flight Line
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 11:15:16 -0800
> From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I?ll watch for another opportunity.

Just MAKE an opportunity!

The thing about panos, is that, just like working with a new camera or new,
unusual lens, you have to TRAIN YOURSELF to start seeing them.

Yesterday, I went out with a tripod, Kaidan Kiwi pano head, and M.Zuiko 7-14mm,
and put my eyes in “pano mode” and shot three spheres. They are more work than
non-spheres, but you can turn them into “planetoids,” which is a lot of fun!
This was my first:

        http://www.ecoreality.org/file/Planet_EcoReality_1.jpg

I’ve been doing pans since the last century, using layer masks and
painstakingly brushing in one frame or the other. Things have gotten a lot
easier and more fun!

Jan