Re: [OM] OT: New Internet Threat???

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Internet Threat???
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 06:04:16 -0700
Just an update, suggesting you check out possible malware...

Of course, China or Russia or malware may be trying to exploit microsoft-ds.
How are you viewing these connections? Process Hacker? If you don't have
Process Hacker, get it and look at your network connections. (although some
malware can mask itself from even that.)

I don't see a lot of such connections. Samba, on Linux recently, had a
vulnerability fix, but I assume you are not using Linux. I can see  how an
infected computer would attempt to try to propagate using that service, so I
suggest you look into it.

(digression) Anytime I suspect my computer is amuck, I re-install windows on a
new drive. I have never been successful with malware removal tools. At least
now, if you re-install windows on a previously activated machine, it will
automatically activate. As I have described before, somewhere in control panel
for power, "Define power buttons and  ..." and uncheck "Turn on fast startup
(recommended)." Disabling fast startup allows the windows drive to be mounted
in another machine (or same machine) or Linux machine so you can copy files to
the new windows install. (end digression)

Weed W,hacker Wayne