Re: [OM] OT: New Internet Threat???

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New Internet Threat???
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 06:55:54 -0700
My concern for you is whether something on your side is infected. The firewall
model is often called "crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside." Fixing
your firewall to block outside does not solve a problem on the inside.
Connections coming from the outside are often initiated from the inside.

I have been working with this Arm based grapeboard for a consulting project:
https://www.grapeboard.com/ It has dual ethernet. IF I get some bandwidth, big
if, I also plan to turn this into a more sophisticated firewall and network
monitor that could be put inline with any machine. Tracking malware activity is
difficult unless you have tools that are not on the machines potentially
infected.

WayneSHacker