[OM] IMG: Airport Experiment

Subject: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 15:54:40 -0600
I was interested in checking out the E-1 & Takumar 200/4 as a combination I could use at the airport.  Since most airport shots are pre-focused, an accurate infinity stop is important.  I had previously ground the lens adapter to match another lens, but had no experience with the 200.  Though the day was overcast, I decided to stand at the terminal building with the camera on a monopod and give it a try.  This image was shot of a departing Piper Arrow on the most distant runway.  It was shot at ISO 200, 1/800 at f/5.6.  From the large view, I'm satisfied it has potential.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190307-P3077725.JPG.html

For those who wonder why bother with the 15-yr old E-1, I would point out that, in addition to the very good Kodak CCD sensor, it is also the most robust camera body that I could choose for supporting the 680 ounces of metal and glass of the 1960s Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1:4/200 with metal shade.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA