Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 11:10:47 -0800
> From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Le 7 mars 2019 ? 22:54, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a ?crit :
>>
>> 680 ounces
>

> WOW !!! that?s 308 kg or a third of a ton or so, Jim

I think you need to leave the unit conversions to them who are stuck in the
last century, Philippe. :-)

680 avoirdupois ounces would be 19.3 kilograms — still a lot to carry, though!

When I was in high school in the 1970s, we were introduced to the metric
system, with the threat that we HAD to learn it, because we'd be switching to
it ANY DAY NOW! I thought, "Oh, this is so cool! I can't wait for the glorious
transition!"

It never happened. I gave up waiting for the change in 2005, and moved to a
saner country. :-)

Jan