Re: [OM] Bikinis, togas and large animals

Subject: Re: [OM] Bikinis, togas and large animals
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 22:10:28 -0800
Phillipe, good suggestion, thanks!  Funny, they looked fine to me at 1:00am.
I have added some clarity and played with the levels a bit. The light was coming
from multiple places with multiple color temperatures, no room to move, rude
guides
hurrying everybody along so *their* group could see things quickly, etc.
Still, it was
a mind-blowing experience to see these mosaics. These are digital photos,
so no rinsing needed :-)

Mike, these are mosaics. So it would have been too much work for the bluenoses
to chip away at all those itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny pieces(*)... Also, the villa
site became a
town, which was covered by a mudslide in 1160 CE, before the Christians could
get to it.
So, we don't need no steenking fig leaves.

--Peter

(*) Oh, wait, that was about the bikinis...

Thank you Peter for these glimpses of the past.

On a technical note, have you tried adding a pinch of clarity or dehazing as they all (the previous ones too) look somewhat as if the neg had not been properly rinsed and suffer from veiling.

Amities

Philippe