Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Experiment
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 00:29:32 -0400 (EDT)
I said it before and I'll say it again. We have little to gain by converting,
certainly not enough to cover the expense, and if you are one who like Jan
considers this the inverse of "Americans wanting everyone to be like us" please
tell me what is the difference between what we do/have done and the whining I
see about why don't we be more like you. Personally, I don't speak for all
Americans, and have never expected other countries be more like us except in
the case of the Soviet Union under Stalin or Germany under Hitler. I just don't
like to see Europeans looking down their noses at us about this. I've traveled
to 5 continents outside of NA and found most folks to be delightful, and there
are many things I lake better in some of those places. But I don't try to tell
them how to do things.

And trade? Tariffs are an issue, but I don't think not using the metric system
is one of our problems. And by the way, Jan, we have been buying boatloads of
European and Japanese cars, and getting a set of metric wrenches hasn't slowed
sales at all. I don't care what kinds of nuts and bolts my car has, I've got
both Metric and SAE wrenches, so for me and everyone I know it isn't a problem.
the real reason we don't sell that many cars overseas is because ours are
generally unsuitable for most other countries situations.