Re: [OM] Off list - Sensor-Great gobs of gunk--what next?

Subject: Re: [OM] Off list - Sensor-Great gobs of gunk--what next?
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:20:34 -0700
Must be my fate for posting on this topic. Got back from trip and noticed spots
in the images. I used my CO2 cartridge blower, but seems the camera, a7riii
bought used, has some 'gunk blobs' also. I used one pecpad to wipe across the
sensor. Had some affect, but not enough. I ordered the Eclipse Optic Cleaning
Fluid (basically methanol) and will give it a try when it comes. Of course the
'blobs' are most noticeable with high F-stop.

I'm curious as to the source of such 'gunk'? Seems it can only be from shutter
lubricants? Does anyone know if they use such lubricants in cameras? My Can'n
5D had the same issue years ago, from being hot in the car.

I bought my first used OM4 at Hunt's long ago, before evil bay.

Wayne