Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI

Subject: Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:35:57 -0700
On 3/15/2019 8:31 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Topaz Studio is free and will run all their addons. When you run from PS or
Lightroom, it opens the image in Topaz Studio anyway.

All true - but - AI Gigapixel is not an add-on - to anything. It only runs "free standing". Everything else runs under Topaz Studio.

I didn't mention speed when commenting on AI Sharpen. It's slow, almost painfully slow on a full size image file from a 20 MP camera.

Also, I'm finding that it's not a great option for re-sharpening images after down sampling for web display. I still prefer FocusMagic.

OTOH, AI Gigapixel has become faster with updates. With a reasonably powerful graphics card, it's now actually pretty speedy. I'm hoping that refinements to AI Sharpen will speed it up, too.

Al₂SiO₄(F, OH)₂ Moose