Re: [OM] Portraits with OM 75-150mm and Viltrox 0.71x

Subject: Re: [OM] Portraits with OM 75-150mm and Viltrox 0.71x
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 08:30:48 -0400
> From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> A lens reducer was in my watchlist for a long time but haven't make up
> my mind until this cheap used Viltrox EF-M2 came up. I use it with
> OM-EOS adapter for my OM lenses, many short OM lenses will not fit but
> the long lenses are ok and it seems work very well with the 75-150/4.

The 75-150 was the first OM lens I ever bought, together with my first “modern”
camera, an OM-2, both bought new. Prior to that, I had been shooting a
Praktika, stamped “Made in Occupied Germany” on the bottom.

> All were shot with lens wide open at F4.
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E-1_1/TVB2019/TVB2019.html
> <http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E-1_1/TVB2019/TVB2019.html>
Great stuff! I’m tempted to go out and get a 75-150 for sentimental reasons,
but then I sit back and wait for the feeling to pass.

I’m a bit disappointed with the Viltrox EF-M2 on an OM 55/1.2, so I’m glad to
see it performing well with the 75-150.

Jan