Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI

Subject: Re: [OM] topaz sharpen AI
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 23:01:00 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
The Large even-toed ungulate, sometimes referred to as Eurasian Elk  in some
locales, states:

<<<I mention it because, in my apparently unending test/experiments with Raw
converters, NR and sharpening, it's running neck and neck with a combination of
NeatImage and AI Sharpen for first place.

Will stayed tune to this channel for more updates on this race.  One would
strongly predict that deconvolution would perform better on an unprocessed raw
when linked to a full wave solution  for the lens including diffraction as used
in DLO
for Canyon.   It is extremely likely DXO uses blind deconvolution  (R-L like
FM) though applied in a weighted fashion where the lens is softer.  Totally
unclear if previous manipulation would deleteriously affect AI sharpen though
it
appears to be trained on less manipulated images.  Some of the pixels are
created out of whole cloth.  Will have to await an opinion using empiric
determination of optimal work flows from our highly esteemed ungulate.

Listening carefully, Mike