Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:25:27 -0700
On 3/18/2019 6:35 PM, Michael Gordon via olympus wrote:
First can always tell it's a b'fly with bulbs at end of antenna.  MC's often
first critter of interest to me in New  England -- they overwinter and can feed
on tree sap as no flowers yet available.

The link I posted says they are our longest lived flutterbys, so that makes sense. Might live forever, with the mild winters here. :-)

Sometimes people report Eastern commas can be seen on warm spells at end of
winter.   I have not seen any yet.
Have seen some wonderful stacked b'fly shots but have not managed more than a
couple attempts.

Not sure I've made any full stacks that worked, the possibility depends on what their perching behavior is. I have done a few 2 or 3 exposure stacks. This Mourning Cloak is actually one, with part of the far wing from a second exposure.

This is another. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/GCq8vAQwt6C6JpcW7>

Then again, the next frame is a single shot with pretty good detail.

Winter blues, Mike

Poor bunkie. :-( I'd say come on out; sitting in the sun in the yard weather has come, but we're off in 13 days for three weeks. Then Seattle for a week, then the Santa Cruz Mtns. for four days - pant, pant, then to Utah with you guys.

I may need a vacation from vacations . . . ;-)

Morning Sleeping Moose