Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] First Flutterby . . .
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:52:21 -0700

<<Poor bunkie. :-( I'd say come on out; sitting in the sun in the yard weather
has come, but we're off in 13 days for three weeks. Then Seattle for a week, then the
Santa Cruz Mtns. for four days - pant, pant, then to Utah with you guys.
<<<I may need a vacation from vacations . . . ;-)

Wow, that's one peripatetic Moose!  Well you have your gear all sorted

Mostly . . . The big stuff is straightforward, cameras and primary lenses, filters, etc. all fit in their bags. The hassle is in the little things. CIPA rated battery life is lower that the Olys, and then third party batteries seem especially short lived in the field. The batteries are, surprise, smaller, and it seems I will need more, which makes the means I had for carrying them clumsy and inadequate.

There is power in Gasa, is supposed/likely to be power in our guest stay in a farmhouse, but no one seems sure how reliable it is. We're there three nights, so I may need power for three days of potentially very busy shooting. Or not. ;-) Extra batteries and a recently arrived large-ish powerbank should cover that.

and procedures honed,

Yeah, right. Brains and fingers not yet fully retrained.

so now you just have to have a good time.

Now THAT we plan on.

It will be nice to see you.

Likewise!

BTW, the GM5 is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow.

EEK!!

Schmutzectomy was a dismal failure and a transplant is in order. Prognosis is good, but copays will be steep.

Yowsa. Makes me happy I got a back-up. Although I don't think one will make it
to Asia. I kinda want the IBIS for the 7-14.

No clue what got on it and one can not speak with anyone that knows anything.

True so often . . . in so many areas. :-(

Get Well Soon Moose