Re: [OM] IMG: Camoflage + linguistics ... Jez

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Camoflage + linguistics ... Jez
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 05:15:20 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>

Beer advocate is an IPA fan site, nothing else. I can point you to to a number
of world class beers that have been knocked down by IPA fans.
Best
Boris
P.S. There are tons of fantastic ales made in US, but no one knows how to make
even remotely decent Pilsner yet. Einbecker Pilsner is the best i could get
here, but it is still a bottom tier if you ask me...

From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019
20:02:02 +0000 (UTC)Cc: usher99@xxxxxxxOff Track Moose writes:<<<I had the
original Pilsner with lunch today. Last Thursday, I had one of the US's great
IPAs with dinner, Pliny the Elder. (There's also one in the fridge. :-) )
Actually PTE is a double (Imperial) IPA with double the hops and added deep
malt notes to balance--takes longer to brew and has higher ABV.   One can not
source a PTE out here except on rare occasions.   Perhaps can try it on a
future visit. Somehow, not a super Pilsner fan except on a hot summer day on
occasion.
Pliny the Younger has edged out  PTE in some circles as top rated double IPA as
young upstarts are wont to do.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/140/

Mike, The Not as Young as he Used to be.