Re: [OM] Snow Geese

Subject: Re: [OM] Snow Geese
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:41:31 -0700
On 3/25/2019 12:58 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
Hmmm...I believe those are Swans, either Trumpeter or Tundra.

I'm not a good enough birder to tell from the photo. We get what I've always known as Whistler Swans wintering in NW Calif. One year we passed hundreds on a water meadow, just north of Point Arena.

"The whistling swan, the American race of the Tundra Swan, currently is considered the same species as the Eurasian race, the Bewick's swan. They were considered separate species in the past, distinguished by the large yellow patches on the face of the Bewick's swan." <https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Tundra_Swan/overview>

Swanning Moose