[OM] Nathan's PAD 29/3/2019: a bike ride in Sierra Nevada

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 29/3/2019: a bike ride in Sierra Nevada
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 19:05:11 +0100
Yesterday was my wife’s birthday, and her chosen present was a couple of days
skiing in Sierra Nevada, about 400 km from Alicante. It is late in the season
but because the slopes are at a high altitude (up to 3500 meters), there is
still reasonable snow. I do not ski, so I put my bicycle in the car (one of the
few advantages of having a biggish car like my wife’s RAV4) and today I
ventured out on the beautiful roads around here. I have never before cycled at
such altitudes, and at time when climbing, I could feel that the air is
thinner. But the views are incredible, and the sense of accomplishment is
satisfying. Four images.

The road between Sierra Nevada and Granada (a distance of some 30 km). I have
driven past this spot several times but there is not good place to stop to take
a picture. On a bicycle, it is a different matter:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xnJSqz4/A

This is what I would see when looking to the side:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-v5sLGZk/A

There were quite a few other cyclists out there:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xHPp6QN/A

I could not resist taking a cheesy selfie:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-B7k7xxt/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman