Re: [OM] OT: Kicking and Screaming

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Kicking and Screaming
From: Christopher Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:00:26 -0400
When I had DSL, the phone company gave me a modem that had a built in router
and wifi transmitter to use as long as I had the service. You should use the
one they provide; some companies won't let you use your own modem.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Like My Work on Facebook

On 3/30/19, 9:44 PM, "olympus on behalf of Chris Trask"
<olympus-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of
christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

         That certainly simplifies things.  I should look and see if I can
obtain a modem in a thrift store.

         I must be part Scottish.

    >DSL is super easy. I had it a decade ago, before switching to Fiber to
    >the home. Its an always on connection, just plug your computer into the
    >modem with an Ethernet cable and you're online. There's nothing to set
    >on the computer.

         <<SNIP>>

    >>         The biggest hurdle is that I have never bothered to comprehend
    >>how to use DSL or what is required.  So, is there a downloadable
    >>tutorial that I can read to get ahead of the power curve?

    Chris

         - Hunter S. Thompson