Re: [OM] OT: Kicking and Screaming

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Kicking and Screaming
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 06:05:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     The coffee shop I used to go to had their wifi hub replaced by 19CL, and
then all hell broke loose.  They configured it so that they had remote access
to the settings.  First thing they did was deny access by anything slower than
G format, which knocked out a lot of users.  Then they screened out anything
older than Win7 or IE10, which took out most of the rest of us.  They also took
out all Mac users.  They BSed the owner into thinking that the problem was with
the users, which is typical.

     The owner finally got them to set up a separate channel for the Mac users.
 I was able to use it with WinXP for a while, but then 19CL discovered me and
blocked me out.  That was the day that I left that coffee shop and started
coming over here instead.  This place has a Netgear wifi hub, and I can even
use a Compaq 3160 with Win98/SE on it if I want to have nostalgic fun.

     I'm told that even after four years the wifi at that earlier coffee shop
is still screwed up.

>19th Century Link charges for the wifi router modem that they supply.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson