Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards

Subject: Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 12:28:26 -0800
> Das Keyboard https://www.daskeyboard.com/
> A modern day Model M remake with all the bells and whistles one might ever
> find useful

Das also uses the same Cherry MX switches. I did look at a Das. It had
plenty of really nice features, but it was really expensive and the
keybed was the same as the HyperX. I thought the keys themselves were
ever so slightly a different profile, but barely so. I was tempted to
spend a whole lot more money on a Das or Razer, (the new optical
switch type is AWESOME), but the money I'm saving is going towards my
toy budget.

I think we could probably consider the HyperX to be a poor man's
version of Das. Other than the Logitechs, I didn't find anything else
in the under $150 range that felt as good. The HyperX also comes with
a carry bag for travel. I spent $84 on this one, so I consider it a
pretty good bargain.

The HyperX Alloy FPS is also available in the "Pro" version, which
removes the numeric keypad and is even more portable.

AG Schnozz