Re: [OM] IMG: Old Lens Revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Old Lens Revisited
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 15:46:01 -0500
Thanks, Charlie.  Still raining............................

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 4/8/2019 2:35 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
   Looks good, Jim. I look forward to more.

Charlie

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In the late 1980s, on a visit to Ft. Worth, TX, I found an interesting
lens in a consignment shop.  It was a Soligar 35mm f/2 (C/D) lens made
by Tokina for Soligar, and the C/D indicates it was "Computer
Designed".  Needing a 35 to fill in the gaps of my Spotmatic M42 lenses,
I bought it.  In researching it this morning, I found that it does not
have the Red "P", designating a Professional Model, so it is from
standard production, which started in 1975.  The thing that got my
attention was that it focuses right on the mark at Infinity, and focuses
continuously down to about 8 inches.

It is raining outside, so I was limited to subjects I could find around
the house.  I chose this bell, placed on a pie crust table in front of a
window.  IIRC, the aperture was f/4.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190408-DSCF0884.JPG.html

I think it is worth a trial for flower photos.  We'll see, when the sun
comes out.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA