[OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group

Subject: [OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group
From: William L Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:38:55 -0500
Cc: William L Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>
Only Olympus related in respect to computer use.  I have a relatively new iMac
with wireless keyboard and mouse and neither of these devices is able to
maintain a connection to the computer for any length of time, which is a real
PITA. Internet is provided by fiber, have  a router. My computer is located
above a garage. One clue is that when my wife, her car and iPhone are away from
the house things seem to work almost flawlessly (maybe even flawlessly.)  Each
of our vehicles has the ability to provide internet and neither of us subscribe
to that service. In this short message both devices have lost connection
several times. Apple support says maybe I should send $180 or to replace both
devices. Any ideas from the collective wisdom? Bill Barber