Re: [OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group

Subject: Re: [OM] An appeal to the collective techno wisdom of this group
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 10:14:55 -0700
> From: William L Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx <mailto:nsurit@xxxxxxx>>
>
> ... neither of these devices is able to maintain a connection to the computer
> for any length of time... Any ideas from the collective wisdom?

Yea, but you won’t like it: don’t use wireless devices!

Do you REALLY NEED a wireless keyboard and mouse? USB works good enough, except
in certain situations where you move things around a lot.

I honestly don’t understand the allure at all. One more thing to either
re-charge, or replace the batteries in. One more complication to break and not
be available when you really need it. I had one for a short time (about until
the batteries died) then got rid of it and replaced it with a wired keyboard
and mouse.

Oops… I lied. I have a wireless trackpad, which I thought would be useful when
my Wacom tablet quit working (not because it was ill, but because Wacom quit
supporting it with new drivers). It sits there with a dead battery.

Jan