Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards-now OM shutter sound

Subject: Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards-now OM shutter sound
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 14:09:39 +0930
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 08:09:27AM -0800, Ken Norton wrote:
> As a compromise, that seems to be working reasonably well, I have a
> Logitech trackball mouse that uses the thumb to move the small ball
> around. The primary benefit is the space requirement, but I can tell
> after extended use that my wrist will go wonky.

When I switched from a mouse to the logitech trackball, it took me about
2 weeks to stop pushing it around the desk trying to get the pointer to
move... :)   I find (as I use Xorg) that the scrollwheel button (used
for paste) becomes intermittent.

I do note that if I settle with it in the wrong place my entire hand
will go numb within minutes (mainly to do with the desk edge). I've only
had that happen once or twice with a mouse in like 30 years.

When I sat the CCNA (to renew my other cisco associate certs) last year,
as I had to use their computer, I made sure I used a mouse for a few
days prior to going to the testing centre. Just in case... :)

davidt