Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lense

Subject: Re: [OM] WANT: 3D printed drop-in filter holder for OM 350 and 250 lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 08:13:04 +0600
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>>

Might I suggest that you consider alternatives?...

I've shot with the Lieberkuhn reflector, and with an inexpensive LED ring
light, and found the ring light superior in
coverage and flexibility.
Have you done this with the 20mm?

Yes.

That’s a devil to illuminate.

I did not find it so. With a nice, bright light source behind the opaque subject, I had adequate light. Of course, I was using the VST-1 copy stand, so shutter speed could be long.

I think the official Olympus documentation says they do not support ring lights
for that lens, and that the Lieberkuhn is the only supported illumination.

I find the illustrated "Instructions" a bit obscure on that subject. For me, the point is that I'm not using Oly ring flashes, I'm using continuous LED light of adjustable intensity and I can see the light on the screen and chimp the results. Wildly different than working with film.

The ring light works just fine.

Ring Around the Moose