Re: [OM] IMGS: Vegetable Market

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Vegetable Market
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 12:02:46 -0400
Thanks, Wayne.  I think the dynamic range of the SL is enormous but it does
realistically portray the colors that I remember.   The Squash Porter, II,
is a tiny crop of a much larger scene.  I probably shouldn't have included
it. You will love Bangladesh.  We did not purchase or cook anything from
the market and unfortunately, the restaurants don't either!  The menus are
very limited in restaurants.  Biryani and more biryani.  Lots of rice.  We
did eat in a few private homes where they had a huge variety of vegetables,
meats, and seafood.  I hope you will be able to visit private homes.

Tina

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:45 AM Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Very nice to view as I hope to travel there in the next year. So greatly
> appreciate the color versions.
>
> Do you purchase and cook anything from this market?
>
> Not sure if it is HDR but some of the contours are a bit unreal, such as
> the arms of the Squash Porter II. I have been experimenting with several
> HDR like processing and most seem to take out the overall variation in the
> levels, enhancing locally (LCE).
>
> Most cameras now have quite a bit of dynamic range, so most need some sort
> of processing. Something I struggle with, how much and one's own taste in
> photos.
>
> WayneS
>
> At 4/20/2019 06:06 AM, you wrote:
>
> >You’ve captured those scenes well, Tina.  I still have a slight
> antipathy for your HDR-style colouring, but I understand that your market
> requires it.
> >
> >Chris
> >
> >> On 19 Apr 2019, at 23:33, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> PESO:
> >>
> >> Now I'm at the DAILY vegetable market in Dhaka.  We got there before
> >> sunrise and it was already very busy.  If you look at all of the
> vegetables
> >> in this market which is held every day, you would think nobody in
> >> Bangladesh would ever go hungry.  I guess that's possible. They all seem
> >> happy and well-fed.  I could spend days at this market:
> >>
> >> https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169075284 <
> https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169075284>
> >>
> >> And PLEASE don't stop with that one photo.  Keep hitting NEXT until you
> get
> >> to the end.
> >>
> >> All C&C are greatly appreciated.  Next, I'm on to the train track
> shanties
> >> in color.  Almost finished with Bangladesh!
> >
> >--

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley