[OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!

Subject: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:13:07 -0400 (EDT)
     For some time now I've been using GIMP for image processing.  It's not as
good as Corel PhotoPaint 10, but Win7 will not allow you to install that.  One
of many reasons why I keep WinXP machines around.

     GIMP has recently developed an intersting problem, taking as much as five
minutes to start up while it looks for fonts.  I'm not processing fonts, I'm
processing images.  Time to move on.

     While I'm looking around for a viable sustitute, I'm using LightBox 2,
which is fairly user friendly.  It only works with JPG, BMP, and TIFF images
and won't export to a different format than the original image.  So, I'm using
MS Paint to open PNG and other files, and then export them to JPG.

     Photoshop doesn't seem to be around any more.  A blog I came across says
that I can use Photo Shop Pro X2 and CorelDraw X4 on Win7.

     All this after getting a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 so I don't have to
suffer LibreOffice.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson