Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:16:03 -0700
I'm forgetting what the setting change is, but the GIMP font load
issue has a very simple fix. I had to do that years ago.

As to alternatives, as much as it pains me to pay for a
"subscription", the value-add is so extreme that I am not complaining.
Adobe is where it's at right now. I'm with Tina on this--Lightroom
rocks and I can do just about everything in it. However, the NIK suite
gets far more action than Photoshop.

Photoshop has a couple features which are really awesome. For example,
the select tool is second to none. I'm doing some portrait work that
requires some severe editing and there is no substitute for some
tools. Otherwise, it's pretty apparent that Photoshop itself is
essentially nearing an end-of-development life cycle.

I'm going to ride the Adobe horse for a while yet. I don't do anything
that prevents me from migrating to Brand-X at any time. When Photoshop
and Lightroom cost hundreds upon hundreds of dollars a year for forced
upgrades, I'm perfectly content with spending $120 a year and always
have the latest/greatest. I spend 3X that much on cellphones every
month.

Besides, it is nice to have a new laptop once in a while. I'm looking
forward to having my first Macbook Air in two years. It'll be pink,
though.

AG Schnozz