Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Interesting Firefox Problem
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:06:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I will say that I much preferred the functionality of the tabs and
navigation in Firefox, but compromising the security by bypassing the hosts
file is a solid NO.

     Reading EarthLink webmail is significantly faster, now that the intrusion
by fonts.googleapis.com has been dispensed with.  Now I just need to
refamiliarise myself with the idiosyncracies of IE and learn to like them, as
though I have no choice.  Which I don't.

     Plus I put 1e100 and cloudfront into the hosts file, and we'll soon see if
that intrusion is brought to an end.

>I've got three browsers on my work computer. Each has their own unique
>use. IE is best for a couple of things, Firefox for a couple others,
>but Chrome is now the preferred for everything else.
>
>The Chrome "Fork" has definitely taken on a life of its own and is
>leaving Firefox in the dust.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson