Re: [OM] Public Wifi

Subject: Re: [OM] Public Wifi
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 14:23:18 -0700
Maybe a free cellular service might get you by every now and then, like
FreedomPop. Or maybe a better option is to get yourself a high gain antenna and
hack ... err ahh tap some signals.

I tried to get COX here in N Scottsdale. It is routed to the packed
neighborhood nearby, but there are no polls to route cable to my house. Maybe
that was a good thing?

I use a local company, Desert Inet, wireless link to a tower at 40/10, no TV.
It has been pretty reliable but my son, who has 150/150 FIOS in MA, claims
there was some delay when he visited me. Then again, he is part of the Matrix.
And uses a high percentage of his bandwidth, lest anyone thinks it is overkill.

I can't fathom using DSL, much less 9600 baud, gasp!!, Life is too short as it
is.

I need to work, consult, zoom meetings, skype on occasion, upload photos to
backup, update visual studio or photoshop ... - actually do stuff on the
internet, besides the occasional OM post. I have a linux firewall setup and
rarely touch it.

WayneS