Re: [OM] Public Wifi

Subject: Re: [OM] Public Wifi
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 14:08:33 -0700
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> It took them years to replace the broken and missing weatherproof covers on
> their above-ground junctions, even while things would go south every time we
> had a quarter inch or more of rain.

That has been my experience with DSL, too. A bit of rain, and the Internet
slowed to a crawl!

Shaw business cable has been pretty solid. They have performance guarantees,
and you don't have to ask for them, either — when they go down, a credit
automagically appears on the next bill!

With a PTO generator for our biodiesel tractor, we have essentially unlimited
UPS. But when electricity to our entire island (along with about 400,000 other
British Columbians) went down in a freak windstorm, our Internet kept working
for about ten hours, which I'm guessing is when *Shaw's* UPS got exhausted!

Jan