Re: [OM] Couple more Norway shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Couple more Norway shots
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 10:19:41 +0200
<<
When there I was told by some natives that the trust was rich enough for
them to remain idle, and work (and pay) was there there just to keep them
busy ? OTT prices are sky-high by any standard of living ? I paid the MOST
expensive meal(s) in my life there, ever!

Norway for a tourist can be really expensive or cheap, it only depends on
your choices.
If you travel with a camper, you can park (for one night) practically
everywhere, and if you stay at a campsite it is very cheap. At campings
you have also options for bungalows (hytte), that provide true beds,
cooking facilities, refrigerator, and heater for cold weather. The cost is
comparable of what is asked for a basic pension in the cheapest contries
in the EU.
As for meals, lunch usually is not expensive, but dinner is.
Other things can also keep the total cost down: while fuel is expensive,
even for italian standards, you don't pay for driving, as opposed to the
paid motorways in most other countries. Only exceptions were some new
special and expensive builds, that you had to pay but only for a limited
period of time. I remember that in my first 2 trips in 1993 and 2001 we
had to pay for the tunnel under the sea between Vestvågøy and Flakstadøya
in the Lofoten islands, or on the E6 north of the polar circle. However
later in 2007 those paid sections were gone. In general you can now go to
most locations that were not accessible without ferries by tunnel under
mountain or under sea, or bridges.

OK, now I want to go there again...

Ralf