Re: [OM] Ben Hope

Subject: Re: [OM] Ben Hope
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 10:49:53 +0100
I see that you got to Handa Island, Mike.  We were too late in the year for
that trip, whether because of the weather or to preserve the bird sanctuary I
don’t know.

I have put some of my many photos of the area in a SmugMug album:

https://show.cbimages.uk/Travel/Scotland/
<https://show.cbimages.uk/Travel/Scotland/>

The cottage is where we stayed, and the view out of the big window was from the
sitting room; we must return to that lovely place.

A couple of the shots are a record of our walk to Sandwood Bay in the pi**ing
rain.  We have rarely got so wet, not really appreciating how lacking were our
outer garments in their ability to keep the rain out.  We have both done some
stuff in the rain, each of us being ex-RAF, but this was something else.  I
can’t think why we kept going as Sandwood Bay, lovely though it was, was always
going to look pretty depressing in that weather.

Chris