[OM] UV and Skylight Filters

Subject: [OM] UV and Skylight Filters
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 14:39:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I generally use a UV filter to protect the objective end of my lenses, but
I'm wondering if the camera sensor is affected in any way.  I doubt it, but
thought I would ask as I'm contemplating using Skylight 1A/B filters instead to
correct the ambient colour temperature ahead of the processing.

     I came to the conclusion some time ago that the use of Wratten filters on
these digital cameras is a lot of wasted effort, unless I want to take photos
in RAW to shut off the precessing.  I just take the best possible colour photo
and do the Wratten filters and B&W conversion later.  But, using a Skylight
1A/B will at least correct the daylight colour temperature.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson