Re: [OM] Pretty tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] Pretty tripod
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:39:22 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
>> I still have my Gitzo tripod with Acratech head from the 1990s. I would be
>> hard pressed to justify a new tripod.
>
> I bought a couple of "lifetime" Bogen/Manfrotto tripods.
> Unfortunately, they literally are lasting a freeking lifetime.

HA! I’m looking for one of those, like the one in the Popular Photography ads
with Lester Bogen sitting on top of it!

I’m looking for something heavy enough for my 350/2.8. The Gitzo carbon rings
like a bell whenever you touch it, and the Benbo #1 is, well, indestructible...
perhaps I don’t really need a new old tripod, after all...

Jan