Re: [OM] UV and Skylight Filters

Subject: Re: [OM] UV and Skylight Filters
From: Piers Hemy <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 09:47:05 +0000
You assume correctly, Moose, there was definite tongue in cheek there. And you
have hinted at the truth when you say "There is, of course, no more detail
information than in the Raw file. " because the camera cannot /record/ separate
R G and B values per pixel, it can only deduce two of the three, leaving me to
question what benefit Chris derives from the much larger filesize of the TIF
compared to a SHQ JPG.

I hadn't realised that Olympus offered TIF output on several of the early DSLRs
- until increasing sensor resolution made recording of the a bottleneck - which
is, in a way, the same point that I made above. Instead, they shunted TIF
production offline, forcing users to convert the raw file to TIF using Studio
or whatever software.

Piers