Re: [OM] IMG: Desperate!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Desperate!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 15:04:30 -0800
> The recent airplane news from up your way has been discouraging. Three
> seaplanes down in 2 weeks, according to the evening news.

The collision took out two. Then it looks like another caught a
pontoon on landing a few days later. Then a couple days ago, two guys
got killed ferrying a 170 back from Montana. They crashed on departure
out of Whitehorse. I happen to have met one of the two guys before. My
guess is that investigators will find fuel contamination to be the
cause.

Personally, the see and be seen aspect of flying up here is pretty
critical. Collisions are not as uncommon as we'd hope. And CFIT is
extremely common. Off airport operations rarely involve fatalities.
Lots of bent aircraft, but speeds are usually so extremely low as to
rarely cause a fatal accident.

Any aircraft that I would own or have ownership in would have strobes
and/or wig-wags.

AG Schnozz