Re: [OM] IMG: Desperate!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Desperate!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 15:47:22 -0800
> Hopefully, the new ADS-B In and Out regulation, which goes into effect
> January 2nd, might help that.  But, it depends on how the areas of
> conflict are defined.  It is possible that the controlled areas are not
> broad enough in Alaska to make much difference. And, the equipment is
> quite expensive.

Merrill Field and Lake Hood both have flight operations where the
aircraft are not equipped with ANY radios! And that's in one of the
densest aviation spots in the world. And judging from the
communication skills of those who DO have radios, my confidence isn't
overly high.

Wig-Wags are the alternating flashing landing lights. Used to be
expensive to run with the old bulbs, but with LED bulbs, they are more
common.

AG Schnozz