Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Processing - AAARGH!!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 15:51:17 -0700
Last year, I went through the exercise of trying out different
alternatives to Adobe. The short answer is that no other solution
provided everything I needed in one package. As compromised as Adobe's
converter was (operative word of "was"), I was going to lose too much
in a change to anything else. While most programs handle newer cameras
just fine, I needed something that provided full legacy support and
seamless handling of RAW and JPEG/TIFF files.

The latest version of ACR has that 5th generation converter in it
which is a complete game-changer for Canon files. Frankly, it's also a
complete game-changer for the older cameras too, including the Minolta
A1.

My investment in Adobe is strictly month-by-month. I have no DNG
files, and I try to avoid saving anything in Adobe-only formats. I can
forklift at any time.

We'll see how the new (to me) Mackbook Pro changes my outlook on life.

AG Schnozz