[OM] OM-D E-M1X

Subject: [OM] OM-D E-M1X
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:51:41 -0800
So, over the past couple of days, I've had the unfortunate experience
of spending time in a camera store that is very well stocked with
Olympus and Panasonic doodads.

Including the OM-D E-M1X (insert more letters here).

Unfortunate, because now I'm wanting one.

For those of you who haven't seen one in the flesh yet, be prepared to
be surprised. From the pictures, I thought it would be huge and heavy.
But in reality, it's quite the opposite. I would say that the size and
weight is absolutely near perfect. The camera with the pro lenses is
about as perfectly balanced as I've ever experienced. It's the new
modern incarnation of the E-1/14-54 combo. Only significantly lighter.

Most importantly, not only is the weight right, but the overall
balance is right. Just like the E-1/14-54 combo. I believe that
Olympus lost their way with the E-3 and they've never gotten it right
(even with every other OM-D variation) until now. This really is a
VERY VERY nice camera.

And those PRO lenses? Yum.

The only saving grace is that I don't have money for said gear so I'm
able to walk out of the store without too much difficulty.

For now.

AG Schnozz