Re: [OM] IMG: They're Everywhere!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: They're Everywhere!
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:07:13 -0400
I use the pheromone traps and they work great but you have to put them
upwind from the plants you are trying to protect and far enough away that
the bugs are not attracted to the plants because of the traps.  You also
have to empty them often because the decaying bugs give off a terrible
scent that does not attract more bugs!  We had them by the thousands
several years ago but we haven't seen any in the last two years - climate
change??  I don't know but I'm glad to be rid of them!!

Tina

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thanks for looking, Charlie.  My next door neighbor put out the traps
> one year, and, I swear, they just drew more of the beetles to the
> neighborhood.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 6/18/2019 8:53 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
> >    Don't see those here on the SC coast, But my brother-in-law would
> battle
> > them when he planted a vegetable garden in NY and VA. He would set up
> > pheromone traps in his garden and catch them by the bucket.
> >
> > Charlie
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 5:19 PM Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> >> My wife and I used to pick them off by hand and dump them in a can of
> >> soap suds, but I'm too old to keep that up.  They are taking over!
> >>
> >> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190617-P6178166.JPG.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jim Nichols
> >> Tullahoma, TN USA