[OM] Dash Cam Apps

Subject: [OM] Dash Cam Apps
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 12:26:49 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yesterday morning I had my first collision with a car, after more than 61
years of cycling, when an SUV pulled out of an office parking area without
stopping or looking.  Fortunately, neither the bike nor I was damaged.  I got
the usual "I didn't see you" excuse along with some unbelievable verbage about
not being able to make a turn without stopping.  Yeah.

     I've been urged to get a video camera of some sort that will mount on the
bike, but those are horribly expensive and the batteries last for two hours or
less.  But, both of my smart phones have cameras and it's time that they earned
their keep.

     I have a nice "DSLR Camera Pro" app on the better phone, plus the native
camera app.  The latter of these lets you set the image rate and quality, but
neither of them provide for loop recording.  That functions seems to only be
available with DashCam apps.

     So, does anyone here use such an app?  I would like to avoid wading
through all of the ones available such as I did with the camera apps.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson