Re: [OM] 12-200 reviews

Subject: Re: [OM] 12-200 reviews
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 18:38:40 -0400
Most reviews of the M. Zuiko 12-200mm that I found on the web seem to date from February with the initial announcement, or March with "First look" type superficial initial impressions.

I take the scarcity of later, in-depth and technical reviews as a bad sign.  Photo web sites seem to subscribe to the "if you can't say something good, don't say anything at all" school - presumably to avoid getting on the bad side of manufacturers.

But I did run across a June review from Amateur Photographer

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/lenses/olympus-m-zuiko-digital-ed-12-200mm-f-3-5-6-3

While praising the lens's ingenuity and convenience, the faint praise for its optical performance at the telephoto end of range gives me pause.