Re: [OM] IMG: Swiss Countryside

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Swiss Countryside
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 21:36:16 -0700
On 7/5/2019 3:57 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
This one is less blue in the background but that's the way they look on the
Kodachrome slides (and in my memory ;-))

https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169451945

I do wonder about some of your recent KR scan colors, especially the restaurant photos. So they really look like that on a light table? And what's with the grain? The prior Swiss Countryside has far less grain.

I've just looked at some old KR slides, scanned four and photographed one on a daylight balanced light pad. Sky has less grain than even SC I, and none of the colors are so seemingly overstated.

Should it not look more like this?
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/SwissCountrysideII.htm>

Christmas in Switzerland is, of course, priceless as family photo.

I do wonder though, at the wild colors. Indoors, with mixed light, it's much harder to guess what it might look like. Not necessarily any good, but perhaps an alternative to provide perspective. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Manley/ChristmasinSwitzerland.htm>

Less Colorful Moose