Re: [OM] Murder Mysteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Murder Mysteries
From: "john hudson" <om4t@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 17:33:33 -0300
No one has mentioned Daniel Silva ...........his character, Gabriel Allon,
[Israeli] spy and art restorer, is as captivating a character as any I have met
in any other author's thriller books.

jh

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 07/09/19 07:07 PM, Moose  <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/9/2019 1:09 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
> > Haven't read him, Moose. Which of his do you recommend as a start?
>
> At the beginning, The Monkey's Raincoat.
>
> They are sequential, with life/story arcs as the series goes forward.
>
> Same thing with Michael Connelly's mysteries. Only after the first 6-8,
> strictly about Harry Bosch, characters start
> getting their own stories, and combination stories. All good.
>
> All this reminds me of J.J. Jance's J.P. Beaumont series. Individually, good
> to great mysteries, as a whole, they tell a
> story of a life lived through loss, despair/depression, growth and
> redemption. An awesome achievement.
>
> Actually, I now see, I can only speak for the first 20 or so books. :-) I
> haven't been paying attention, and there are
> more! Wheeeeeee.
>
> Book Bound Moose
>
> --
> --

<signatureafterquotedtext></signatureafterquotedtext>