Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 27: a bumpy bike ride, pride weekend in rura

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 27: a bumpy bike ride, pride weekend in rural Spain, my wife in full voice
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:39:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     They're still using hydro-pneumatic suspension?  That design was
ingenious, and it was once used on the British Centurion tanks.

     We did everything we could to steer people away from bikes with
suspension.  It was the first thing to fail, and it usually cost as much to
repair it as it would to buy a new bike.

>Well, I feel extremely comfy in my hydro-pneumatic computer assisted
>suspension Citroën C5.
>
>BUT I hate it when a bike, any bike, doesn’t allow me to feel the grip,
>which is the case with all the bikes with suspension I’ve tried, so far…
>still open to persuasion, honest.
>
>Electricity assisted bikes are a boon, and that’s what I now need and want.
>
>And of course my wheel-chair when in the old people’s home should be
>electricity powered (damn the planet at that stage), AND suspended ;-)
>

>> Here is what you need, a full suspension gravel bike:
>>
>> https://ninerbikes.com/pages/the-mcr-9-rdo
>>
>> Specifically designed for bumpy and stony field track.
>> It looks like a great bike for bike-packing trips.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson