[OM] Mad at Schnozz? (was "Re: Of Alaska, Photography, and Work")

Subject: [OM] Mad at Schnozz? (was "Re: Of Alaska, Photography, and Work")
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 10:08:34 -0500
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 6:54 PM Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel wrote:
> > Thanks for the idling, Moosie.  As Gandalf says, "I was delayed."  I had
> > major surgery about a year ago.  Actually doing really well but just
> > haven't been thinking too much about photography until lately.
>
> I was wondering what happened to my friend. I thought that maybe you
> were mad at me for leaving Iowa or I had done something else to make
> you think I voted Trump or something. ;)

Well I still haven't gotten over your leaving, Ag, but my daughter just
moved to San Fran and my son is off to Denver in August.  We have to
embrace change (in order to neutralize its stranglehold).

I should be able to do some mountain hiking, at least the treadmill tells
me so.  I've been out of cardiac rehab since January and am off all meds
now.  It might be prudent to test the hypothesis a little closer to home
though.  But I surely do appreciate your invitation.  What would Karen say
if I just uber-ed in from the airport?  Remember that I am the evil man who
caused you to go off alone without your girls on manly photographic
excursions (in the rain, mostly).

Anyway, sorry to have been scarce.  Since my appointment with the surgeon,
I am said to be a much more appreciative person for whom gratefulness fills
the days (though I'm told I wasn't all that bad before, but people do lie
-- quite a lot I'm finding).

Motorcycling up to Marshall county today to meet up with a 4th cousin and
visit the spirits of my ancestors.  Taking the light kit I think (E-400 and
small lenses).  This is RAGBRAI week but we had the traditional RAGBRAI
weather last week.  It's gonna top out about 90 today with humidity going
up from the past few days but it hasn't been bad this week at all.  A/C
mostly at rest.

Joel W.