Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23-25/7/2019: Lili's goat cheese

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23-25/7/2019: Lili's goat cheese
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 19:01:37 -0700
> From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     How I would love to live in Europe again where food is both an art and a
> tradition.

Salt Spring Island may be pretty close.

We just did a record $1,400 market, in which we sold carrot cake made with our
own carrots, eggs, and raw goat-milk buttermilk; low-sugar fruit preserves from
fruit from our farm; 37 varieties of heritage, open-pollinated tomatoes;
seasonal relishes and salsas made with our own pear cider vinegar from our own
pears; our wasabi-flavoured raw goat milk cheddar cheese; and numerous other
heritage, open-pollinated fruits and vegetables, all grown without the use of
chemical pesticides or chemical fertilizer.

If your local farmers market does NOT support "food [that] is both an art and a
tradition," go ask each vendor why not? Why should they compete with the
big-chain grocers, growing varietals, hybrids, and GMO'd products whose best
claim to fame is being able to be shipped long distances?

Obligate Olympus photographic content:

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/show-markets-and-street-food.83437/page-3#post-1073561

Jan