Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Fu

Subject: Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Full frame mirrorless?]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 19:11:35 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 7/26/2019 10:49 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
>> Thanks, Ken.? That's a lot of helpful information.
>>
>> Since Joel is familiar with the E-5, I'll also look forward to his comments.
>
> The "real" solution is simple, E-M1 Mk I.

1.9 thumbs' up, with a 0.1 deduction for not recommending the Mark II.

If price is the MAJOR concern, I'd say go for the Mark I. But otherwise, nice
used Mark IIs have come down in price quite a bit since the release of the
EM-1X, and the Mark II is really a huge step up from the Mark I.

I may have this wrong, but I believe the support for non-native lenses is
better with the Mark II, which has ten menu slots you can pre-progam for
various non-native lenses, and have their EXIF information loaded into the
output. I shoot a LOT of OM Zuiko glass, and this is VERY handy for sorting
them all out in post! Otherwise, you're sitting in front of your screen,
wondering, "Does this look more like the 90/2, or the 180/2.8?"

I have the two buttons on the front of the Mark II set to: (top) show the
manual lens menu, and (bottom) turn on focus peaking.

Jim (et. al.) I think you will be DELIGHTED with focus peaking and focus
magnification on mirrorless bodies! You just can't do that with a DSLR.

Jan