Re: [OM] Of Alaska, Photography, and Work

Subject: Re: [OM] Of Alaska, Photography, and Work
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 08:56:55 -0500
On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Mike Gordon via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> JW writes:
> <<You must not have deer.  They are like roaches around here.  Unwillingly
> we
> <<feed the deer lilies.  There is supposed to be a "harvesting" of the deer
> <<in the next couple of years.  We'll see what comes back up.
>
> Yikes, we have a ton of deer.  They decimate our hosta if not consistently
> sprayed, but the Hamiltonian deer fortunately have not developed a taste
> for daylilies.
>
> https://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Backyard/i-w4bSSD5/A

I have assumed that day lilies are like candy to them.  They used to leave
the tiger lilies alone, but now we never see a bloom.   My wife dutifully
sprayed some sort of concoction of panther pee, wolf kaka, and eye of newt
on them, but slip up once and they're et.  They are adaptive, creative, and
intelligent creatures.  I feel sometimes ashamed that I'd like to kill them
all.  I have a mulberry tree that I am trimming up and I'll lay the
branches in the yard for a couple of days.  Half a dozen of them will eat
up all the leaves.  That will be useful at least.

Joel W.