Re: [OM] Persistent pad puzzlement

Subject: Re: [OM] Persistent pad puzzlement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:37:48 -0700
Appreciate the comments, AG and Joel.  Excellent point that a smallish laptop
that doubles as tablet will almost fit the bill--Yoga came to mind too.  Not
sure that works precisely for what she has done in the past.

So much depends on preferred OS environment. My HP also folds completely over to operate as a tablet. The hardware and drivers also do a good job of changing modes. But - it's still Windoze. So, anyone used to and happy with the iOS tablet environment is likely to be unhappy with it. I've been a W guy forever, but I also use iPhone and iPad, and those are all connected with family.

Yes, there's iCloud for Win, but it's clunky compared to the native iOS
version. AND - AND, no iMessage, no way, no how.

The only way the HP gets used in tablet mode is for showing photos. Lovely for
that.

Both of us use the cheap, $15-ish BT keyboards sold under numerous names. They work very well. Carol uses hers extensively, I less often. If I really need to type, I go to the desktop. I use voice recognition a lot for messaging on iOS. The way to make the separate keyboards work well is with a lap desk/board.

I used her work pad on occasion and it is OK for viewing images too.  The Apple
folio  keyboard thingie is very laptopish and most elegant in that regard. She
likes to answer her phone
upstairs with it so it is the path of least resistance to fork over dosh to the
fruit company due to the negligible effort to have things work.  Some back-it
Logitech folio keyboards get nice reviews and are a joy to type on  but are
just too big.
I suspect the smallest i-clever BT thing is not super to type on but may serve
the purpose.  If it is horrid, will  Shamazon  it back.   Appreciate your
thinking about this.  Things are beginning to crystallize.  I suspect the
list's very highly esteemed even-toed ungulate has an opinion as well.

Then she wants a screamer Photo laptop.

For PS? My HP Spectre is pretty decent, as least without using the new Topaz AI apps/plug-ins. I assume newer ones are more powerful. I've been quite happy with it as travel machine.

AmbiOS Moose